Srimate Ramanujaye Namha
I would like to post a concerning question I have for the current situation. I request to hear from Sri Velukkudi swamy and other bhagavathas their opinions on this.
They have launched the COVID vaccines and there are both pros and cons.
For a truly surrendered person who is detached will not need such external protection as he feels the protection of the Lord and for such persons this analysis is not required.
The main pros of getting vaccinated are:
- Those who are old and weak can prevent possible life-threatening complications in future.
- Second is, those vaccinated will possibly be not transmitting the germ to others.
- Third it seems most vaccines don’t have any serious short term side effects except for a small percentage of people.
The cons of getting vaccinated are:
- Most of the vaccines are new type unlike conventional, vaccines. Only India’s vaccines is like conventional vaccine others are like genetically modified versions. The long-term side effects of these vaccines are unknown.
- All vaccines including conventional vaccines have small quantities of metal content like Aluminimum and other metals (as they make the vaccine stable) but has long term side effects.
- Most vaccines have used calf blood serum during development or even for normal production. This is not specific to covid vaccines but common to all vaccines.
- It is not clear that the vaccine will provide 100 % protection to current variant.
- It is not clear if the vaccine will work for future variants.
Coincidentally, as I type this post, my friend played Mahabharata 159 audio by chance, where Swami was explaining that God creates both Good and bad options, we have to use the intelligence given by God and make a suitable choice.
Devotees of the Lord are the most intelligent and so I thought of seeking opinion in the forum.
Please note this analysis is not necessarily for my personal decision, but few of my friends and relatives are in the process of making a choice in this regard. when they ask me I am in a confusion of what to tell them.