Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha,
Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swami Guruve Namaha,
Asmadh Sarva Gurubyo Namaha,
Adiyen believe, Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swami has provided a CREAMY answer in Enpani 1392 “laboratory standard and spiritual standard” touchbasing the areas on BhagavAtas 2nd thread supplementary question and throwing some light on BhagavAtas initial thread as well, if we carefully “listen ? Between the Lines” in Swami’s audio for the necessary focus.
Adiyen also believe, Due to Swami’s upanyasam busy schedules and other Sath Karyams, Swami didn’t have time to provide detail answer, so adiyen will SHARE some relevant IN-DEPTH answers from SrivAishnava upanyasams for BhagavAtas initial question 1,2,3 in a different order 2,3 &1 with Acharya Krupai and Sri Velukkudi Swami’s Anugraham and due to all BhagavAta’s Abhimaanam.
Here we go.
From Pathanjali Maharishi’s Yoga Soothram.
And for 2)
Shareerika Shastram (ஷாரீரிகா ஷாஸ்திரம்) says about 32 lakshanaas (characteristics) for a ideal person. And one of them is about “breath inhale/exhale/hold steadily (not fast), then they are த்ரிகம்பிரஹ (Gambeeram). Pathanjali says “உறஙகும் குழந்தை உன் ஆசான் (A sleeping baby ?? is our teacher for how to breath NORMALLY). After we grow, we all do Abnormal breathing and lot if health issues and reduced life span (100yrs to 80 to 60 to 40 and now going down with increasing yuga)
- Pathanjali yoga soothram says “FOR EVERY PERSON, AIR DOESNOT go inside and outside through BOTH NOSES AT THE SAME TIME,
- Pathanjali says air goes INSIDE (Swasam ஸ்வாஸம்) and OUTSIDE (Prisswasam ப்ரிஸ்ஸ்வாஸம்) through ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE NOSE for 1~1.5hrs approx & continuously and no breath on the other side of nose at this time. We can feel it, during normal breathing, if we keep our finger close to one of the nose for few seconds and try to keep it on other side of nose. One nose has air going in-out, where the other nose has no air in-out. After thus 1~1.5hrs, the air in-out Nose us switched automatically. This is a BEST EXAMPLE to inform Aithest that “GOD Exists and HE is Merciful” who needs physical proof. For good or water, we have to get, but for Air breathing, BhagavAn does it automatically for all of us, whether we are a Hindu or Chrsitian or Muslim or a non-devotee or an atheist.
- Pathanjali says “EACH PERSONS BREATH COUNT US 21600 for a period of 24 hrs. Say for example, pick any time if the day say 4:30am, then till next day 4:30am, the ideal person would have made 21600 breath counts. So the Breath is fixed.
- Next is, if we do faster breath counts due to Hyperventilating (மூச்சு வாங்குவது) due to tension, stress, then the counts will be faster and abnormal which exceeds 216000 ideal counts per day, which in turn results in reduced life span. So brisk walking ? is recommended for healthy immune system flow, and EXHAUSTIVE walking-running is Not recommended for healthy life span as per Pathanjali.
- Reduced counts of breath from 216000 per day Improves health and life span which can be a achieved by Praanayaamam. The HOLD (Kumbhakam) for longer period the key factor that Rishis do who have controlled their body. Rishis are capable of doibg thus. They hold breath for months or years or even yugas due to their following on Upasana Maargam for Moksham.
However, Our ThiruMazhisai Alwar is a Sgaranagathan, the ONLY Alwar who us a Yogi still Alive in our Bhoolokam Thirukurungudi. There is a instance in SwamivManavaala Maamunigal charitham, where Swami built a tomb for ThiruMazhisai Alwar during Koil Thiruppani, since Swami was not aware that Alwar was still in Earth alive in Yoga Anuvhvam with SriKrishna BhagavAn.
And for 3)
Do Pranayaama 3 times a day. Each time 10 cycles and one cycle as below, instead of number of minutes Avoid Pranayama when stomach us full (either food or water).
[1 cycle is:
a) closing right side nose, inhale PACEFULLY through left side nose (4 counts),
known as “Poorakam”.
b) then hold the breath STEADILY with both noses closed (4 to 16 counts depending upon ones capacity without struggling),
Mootchai (Air) Ezutthu Nirutthudhal, known as “Kumbhakam”.
c) then exhaling through right side nose SLOWLY (8 counts),
known as “Rechakam”.
d) Do the same using the left side nose closed, inhaling through right side nose, holding the breath with both noses closed & exhaling through left side nose.
Doing Each steps a) thru’ d) makes up “1 cycle”.
Ans for 1),
If Ans 2) is under control less than or equal to 21600 breath counts, then Pathanjali says, our average healthy life span is FIXED as 100 years “ “Shathayurvai PuRusHaha”. Shatha means 100 in sanskrit. If not, the life span is reduced (less than 100 years). This doesn’t include sudden death due to Samsaram effects or BhagavAn’s wish to give them Moksham, even if one is healthy.
We Sharanagathas (surrendered devotee) follow the Pathnjali Yoga Soithram especially the “Aasanaas (Postures)” to keep body fit and healthy to do Kainkaryam, so Athma can do Kainkaryam which is purpose of life. On the other side, if we are fit and healthy and Not a Sharanagathan, then the body will survive to its best, but Athma (ourselves) will be pushed to Next birth and same sorrow life again. But anyone need not worry about next birth, if we say “SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA”, since Swami will deliver us Moksham with HIS “NirHedhuka Krupai (Causeless Mercy), irrespective of our health, since Athma’s destination (Moksham) us the purpose of life “பிறவியின் பயன் பிறவாமை“
Adiyen Sri Velukkudi Krishna Dasan,
Uyya Oraey Vazhi UdayavAr ThiruvAdi,
Pathanjali Maharaj Ki Jai,
Sarvam SriKrishnarpanam Asthu.