4000 divya parabhandam – pasuram

Updated on July 10, 2022 in Azhwars
7 on July 4, 2022

Namaskaram.

adiyen is going through 4000 divya parabhandam and will be completing in next few days. Many of the pasurams carry deep spiritual knowledge and several have wonderful grammatical style. This has kindled the following thought in me.

For a change instead of posting query, adiyen can post 4000 divya parabhandam pasuram, periodically. It will be selective pasurams with meaning (only பதவுரை), may be 2 pasurams a week. The details such as vedantic details, devotion etc., will be given priority. The reference will be from

https://www.dravidaveda.org/

I intend to post in separate threads for each azhwar or azhwar’s work, so that it can be easily referred at later point of time. I may have to work out and keep a record in this aspect to ensure, pasurams are not repeatedly posted.

I hope many of the members are knowledgeable about the pasurams and it can be refreshening for them. For others, they can read, enjoy the language and enrich their understanding.

Before I initiate, I invite your opinion, to decide about starting.

1. Will it a redundant exercise to provide the details since they are already available?. But only thing is that it will be made available selectively.
  2. Kindly indicate, this forum being ‘Dharma sandeha’, whether such initiative will be alright?.
  3. Opinion on selecting details from the web site indicated and posting in this forum regularly.

adiyen

SriVaishnava dasan

• Liked by
  • Govindan Narayanan
1 on July 4, 2022

Swamy 4KDD vygayanam is like “sweet” all time willing to eat. Please try and baghvathas will like it. 🙏

on July 8, 2022

Thank you.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 8, 2022
Before I initiate, I invite your opinion, to decide about starting.From SriVaishnava dasan

In the absence of opinion, I drop the proposal. Of course, every member has their own reason, so no issues.

adiyen

• Liked by
Cancel
3 on July 9, 2022

Srimathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha

Best idea to share Divya Prabandham will be to attach that specific section of upanyasam.

Then only we will know Azhwar Hrudhayam.

Eg: ” Aththathin PaththAm nAl”
“Thirumangai Azhwar giving support to Krishna”
“NAn PeriyA Nee Periya”

It will be gem. Bhagavath Vishyam both text & upanyasam will be incredible.

Just don’t source from some website, do due diligence & share authentic interpretation based on Periya VAchAn Pillai Swamy.

Sourcing from some website , we will read from there why devareer need to share here?

Dasanudasan

on July 9, 2022

Yes. I know that others can read from the website. That is the reason why I have asked for opinion. It is mentioned clearly in my post. I did not intend to provide pasurams in sequence. The idea was to high light the pasurams with essence of details such as vedantic details, devotion etc., I am a beginner and this proposal is for the beginners, which is also mentioned.

Presently, to start with, my intention is to understand the essence of what is meant and I would not like to get into the detailed vyakyanam. I will take it when time permits.

The word by word meaning provides the essence of the pasuram. I feel it is important to know about the essence first.

I read the pasuram and it’s meaning in text book, wherever I have doubt about the meaning I cross checked with this site. I have my own way of getting satisfaction to ensure the correctness. 

It is not simply ‘some website’. The vyakyanam of Prativarti Bayangaram Annangarachariar is provided in the web site. The name of ஸ்ரீ. உ.வே. PB. சம்பத்குமார் ஸ்வாமி  is indicated in the site.  

Since I am a beginner, this is my approach. Since already you are a learned member and have adequate knowledge, I do not want to interfere in your approach.

adiyen

on July 10, 2022

Srimathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha

4KDP is for all. Adiyen don’t know 4KDP. Only few known. As devareer asked for opinion I said. Please do whatever devareer like.

I may counter PB Annan Swamy also. Nobody is right or wrong. It’s a perception with some basis on which interpretation falls into place by ThAyAr anugraham.

They gave yoga bhalam also. So it’s not simply someone’s interpretation which makes stand out in the crowd.

How can adiyen counter PB Annan Swamy himself?
Swamy Desikan only taught me. He has countered Aadi Shankaracharya purely based on logic

In Tathparya Chandrika he asks,
“To whom did Krishna did Upadesham, to himself?”

Dasanudasan

on July 10, 2022

Thank you.

I have considered your opinion and well taken and hence responded. I mentioned my approach in the response.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel