Pancha samskaram

Updated on December 19, 2022 in General
2 on December 18, 2022

Srimathe Ramanujaya namaha

Swamy, Adiyen offering my humble obeisance on your lotus feet. Kindly accept it 🙏

Swamy, I’m a non- Brahmin. My grandmother in my home was the only vaishnavite. So, Adiyen got pancha samskaram at the age of 9.

Even after getting pancha samskaram, Adiyen don’t know anything about it . Adiyen even don’t know what are the basics. Adiyen don’t know about the 5 samskarams. I don’t know about the 3 sacred rahasya mantras. I don’t know anything about how to do thiruvaradhanam.
Even I don’t know what is the fruit of pancha samskaram. Even I don’t know about Ramanujar , Sharanagati etc..,
Even we don’t know the proper name for samashrayanam.We used to call it as muthra pathithal.

I didn’t lived like a vaishnava . After getting pancha samskaram, I ate non- veg because there was no one to guide me.

Recently, after hearing your upanyasans for the past 2 years, I’m learning.

1) கங்கையில் நீராடினால் பாபம் தொலையும் . அதற்காக கங்கையில் இருக்கும் மீன்களுக்கு எல்லாம் மோக்ஷம் கிடைக்காது. ஏனென்றால் அதற்கு அதற்கான ஞானம் இல்லை.

அது போல அடியேன் சரணாகதி என்று என்னவென்றே தெரியாமல் பஞ்ச சம்ஸ்காரம் செய்து கொண்டேன்.

பஞ்ச சம்ஸ்காரம் செய்து கொள்ள விஷய ஞானம் இருக்க வேண்டும். ஆனால் அது அப்பொழுது என்னிடத்தில் இல்லை.

2) ராமானுஜர் கூரிய படி வாழவில்லை

3) தப்த புண்ட்ரங்கள் தரிக்கும் பொழுது, சின்னங்கள் முழுமையாக உடலில் பட வேண்டும். ஆனால், ஆச்சாரியார் சங்கை பதிக்கும் பொழுது, அடியேன் அப்பொழுது சிறு குழந்தையாகையாலே இடது தோளை நகர்த்தி விட்டேன். இதனால் சங்கு முழுமையாக எனது தோளில் பதியவில்லை.

Now I’m 20.
For the above reasons, can I undergo pancha samskaram once more ? I deeply developed my devotion towards vanamalai jeeyar 🙏 I want to get pancha samskaram from vanamamalai jeeyar swamigal. Am i allowed ??

Kindly reply me swamy 🙏 please please
Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Adiyen

• Liked by

Adiyen’s namaskarams.

as far as I know, there is no need to receive panca-samskaram again. The ‘fish in Ganga’ analogy is not applicable here. Because, although we may have received panca-samskaram without complete understanding, the acharya gave us shelter with full knowledge of our fallen position and the oceanic compassion of Udaiyavar. Fire burns whether or not the person touching the fire knows that it will burn. Likewise pancasamskaram offered by the acharya is also effective irrespective of our understanding at that time. (actually, for most of us we get deeper and deeper understanding of saranagathi only after pancasamskaram. you are not alone.)

The pancasamskaram is indeed having effect on you! It is the acharyan’s anugraham that you are now engaged seriously in spiritual pursuit.  Fortunately in your case you have taken spiritual pursuit seriously within 11 years. For some others it takes much longer time to bring them back.

Now what to do?

Please meet your acharyan (or his successor) in person and express to them your feelings just like you have expressed here. All auspiciousness will be in your life.

adiyen dasan.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 19, 2022

@Dinesh Swamy
You are not alone. I am a Brahmin yet I don’t know what to do after 25 years

Dasanudasan

• Liked by
Cancel