Mahabharata 193- etiquitte for crossing, Brahamana, cow, Brahamajnani and temple

Updated on January 3, 2021 in Daily rituals and practice
9 on November 21, 2020

Srimate Raamanujaye Namaha,

In Mahabharata audio 193, the basic day to day dharma of rising early, taking a bath, worshipping the Lord, honouring prasadam etc. are explained beautifully. Dhanyosmi swami.

in the section (11th to 13th minute), there is a description about etiquette of how to cross a cow, brahmana, etc.. it was explained “we should do a pradakshinam by going in the right”..adiyen unable to understand this via audio, Swami kindly clarify the same.

Dhanyosmi

Thirukachidaasanudasan

Adiyen

• Liked by
1 on November 21, 2020

What is the doubt swami

on November 21, 2020

Namaskaram Swami

Krishnan Swami in one of his Enpani Audio mentions what Thirumangai Azhwar in one of his Periya Tirumozhi Pasurams states, in Gita Arjuna asked his doubt at first , Krishna cleared the same and asked him to do his prescribed Dharma, After this, there should not have been any Arjuna Uvacha, as it is your Aanai and who am I to question you, so the question asked by Arjuna should have been closed with Krishna’s Aanai, nothing more. Similar is the case here swami, it is actually a pleasure when one follows what Dharma vazhi an Aaptan prescribes, as it is like straight from Krishna and the outcome of it is,  his Thingal Thirumugham Malarchi, what else one requires then. However, a deep insight is cryptic in it.

Adiyen Dasan

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 21, 2020

Srimate Raamnujaye Namaha,

Swami, i am not asking why we should follow that injunction.

My doubt is what this injunction says and how to apply.. if we see a cow crossing us , we should go in the right side of the cow or the cow should go in the right side of us? Also i am not clear of how we can always do a pradaksihinam, like if we see a brahmana crossing?

Thirukachidaasanudasan

Adiyen

• Liked by
Cancel
5 on November 21, 2020

Namaskaram Swami

I too understood on the same note swami. Okay , now as far as Adiyen understood from the Audio, swami mentioned simply of doing Pradakshanam the respective entities ( Cow , Brahmana etc) in case unable to do so like while travelling and seeing the same opposite side, then at least one should think of doing what needs to be done and offer respect. One way possible.

Adiyen Dasan

Namaskaram Swamis.

The word दक्षिण means “right side” (please check https://spokensanskrit.org/index.php?tran_input=%E0%A4%A6%E0%A4%95%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%B7%E0%A4%BF%E0%A4%A3&direct=se&script=hk&link=yes&mode=3). So, pradakshina, simply means ‘to the right’. 

In this context it means, the person / entity of respect should be to our right; that is the proper etiquette. In this context it does not mean to circumambulate.

(please check https://spokensanskrit.org/index.php?tran_input=pradakSiNa&direct=se&script=hk&link=yes&mode=3)

adiyen dasan.

on November 22, 2020

Srimate Raamanujaye Namaha!

Dhanyosmi Kambandasan swami for clarifying and confirming.

Thirukachidaasanudasan

Adiyen

on January 3, 2021

Enpani Fan swami

Adiyen believe that I have offended devarir with the above mentioned answer earlier in the above post. Do forgive adiyen, I did not mean to for the same.

Adiyen Dasan

on January 3, 2021

No swami , it was only a miscommunication, between my question  and what you understood, but it was already resolved long ago, I am surprised to see this thread reactivated today.. 

No worries.

Adiyen

Thiruckachidaasanudasan.

on January 3, 2021

Adiyen

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel