* Average
* Good

Students are ranked:
Grade A, B,C…
Rank 1, 2,3…

Office:
* Appraisal rating

The whole world is competitive.

Comparison is mixed in blood in all of us.

Some people don’t directly compare but creates a mental map by Sarcasm:
* Siddhar: Suttri Vandhu munumunukkum mandhiram edhadA? Natta kallum pesumO nadhan ul irukaiyil?
* Periyava: quotes “avajAnanthi maa mooda:”

AvajAnanthi is previous step to jAnanthi correct?

Not knowing is a pre cursor to knowing but Krishnan says not knowers are fools. Some use it as a “Sarcasm” to belittle others adhuvum “AaNavam” dhAney.

Just because some know Bhagavath Gita saying not knowers are fools is also AaNavam correct?

Therefore:
* VidhyA madhan
* Selva Madham
* Kula Madham

It is inevitable. It comes & goes whether we like it or not. Man never lives in isolation being a social animal.

The one who says “I will not compare” will be a “liar”.

Periya Andavan Swamigal himself has compared
“I have stitched the leaf plate better than that mami” though it was meant to be a joke adiyen see TRUTH in it.

Conclusion:
Not all comparisons are AaNavam. There is something more to it. May be garvam or something.

There is a famous quote –
Confidence: I know better
Over confidence: I only know better

Dasanudasan

• Liked by
AvajAnanthi is previous step to jAnanthi correct?From vikraminside

Wrong.

Jivaatma is originally in knowledge (“jAnanthi”). But covered with anjana, na commits offences, and forgets Krishna, that state of not knowing Krishna is foolish state (avajAnanthi Krishna = mooda).

When Perumal and acharayas cite this they are saying so with compassion, not with aanavam. If we perceived someone to say so with aanavam, either that person is really in aanavam, or we are in ‘poraamai’ to perceive a compassionate statement as aanavam.

Comparison is essential; it is the basis of discrimination (in this context this word has the connotation of “vivekam”, not “parapaksham”)

Bhagavad Gita is FULL of such comparisons, and discrimination. Just a few examples.

2nd chapter distinguishes eternal soul and the impermanent; and, the difference between people who understand this and who don’t. It also distinguishes between the different stages of sthita pragjna.

7th chapter categorises the different stages of devotees and non-devotees.

12 chapter, it lists a whole range of devotees – “…such a devotee is dear to me”; “…such a devotee is more dear to me”; “…such a devotee is most dear to me”. It is worth listening explanation of the whole chapter and studying it.

14th, 17th and 18th chapters compares the three gunas and individuals in three-gunas at different times points, in different activities, and their motivations.

adiyen dasan

• Liked by
Cancel
14 on February 10, 2023

Srimathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha
Srimathe Sri Varaha Mahadesikaya Namaha
Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swamy Thiruvadigaley Sharanam
Sri Velukkudi Ranganathan Swamy Thiruvadigaley Sharanam
Sri:

“Jivaatma is originally in knowledge (“jAnanthi”). But covered with anjana, na commits offences” –
According to VishistAdvaitam siddhAntham Truth is measured at that point in time. So factoring time, at the state of not knowing, it is a previous state of knowing

The context of Chiththa as it is in its pure form is never debated.

“Knowing Krishna”? –
Debatable. When Krishna himself doesn’t know his limits, (Swamy Parashara Bhattar) referring a JivAthma as knowing?

Inference:
Krishna can be known that he cannot be known. (Ghataka Shruthi)

“When Perumal and acharayas cite this they are saying so with compassion, not with aanavam” –
That’s the point. It’s not wise to determine who is genuine or speaking with ANavam. Only Perumal knows who speaks with self pride while comparing. Thanks for reflecting same views.

More than thousand times in Dharma Sandeha, questioner’s intent itself was questioned.

Apporul Mei Porul KAnbadhu Arivu

Kelviya pakanumey thavira, kelvi kekkaravara paaka kudaathu enbadhu adiyen udaya thaazhndha abhiprAyam

SriRam answered his entire history to SoorpanakhA
SriRam was Poorva BhAshi without King’s pride

Of course SoorpanakhA was insulted because her subsequent actions were with bad intentions may be intolerable even for SriRam & Sri Lakshmanan

When that being the case:
Sugrivan also insulted SriRam & Lakshmanan but SriRam chose different methodology to treat Sugrivan. Sugrivan was accepted by SriRam.

Ivan venumney kekkarana? Therinjukanumnu kekkarana?
My view:
It’s difficult to interpret but it’s the prerogative of answerer to chose to respond.

“or we are in ‘poraamai’ to perceive a compassionate statement as aanavam.” –
Well said , it is easy to judge from outside but difficult to ascertain the fact. .A third person perspective is always a distant relative. That’s my point.

When a student questions a teacher:
Teacher 1: Who are you to question me? Are you the teacher or me the teacher?
Teacher 2: There is a premise to your question, refer these articles…

AaNavam is completely “Subjective”!

“Comparison is essential; it is the basis of discrimination (in this context this word has the connotation of “vivekam”, not “parapaksham”)”
– See the word discrimination may sound positive in above statement. While our Swamy has told Varna is “Differentiation” not “Discrimination”. A same word has opposite meanings at two different places. We are easy to judge a person as “AaNavam” or “Poraamai” from an outsider perspective.

Also from above statement it is evident that “comparison” is inevitable and unavoidable.

The emotional context of comparison is to be questioned & not comparison itself.

I am 2nd standard
He is 1st standard

Obviously, I know better than him. This is not AaNavam. This is standardization.

A 5 star hotel better than 4 star hotel

Dhanyosmi for all Bhagavath Gita quotations full of rich divine information
🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇

Dasanudasan

“According to VishistAdvaitam siddhAntham Truth is measured at that point in time. So factoring time, at the state of not knowing”

I am not understanding this statement; kindly explain and substantiate. From what I believe, our philosophy says Truth is eternally Truth.  We have to be cautious not to think this ephemeral world and situations as Truth. At this time point in this ephemeral world I may think I am the boss of the world. But eternally I am the servant of God’s servants. So, the Truth is the latter, not the former.

—————————————————–

“Knowing Krishna”? – Debatable. When Krishna himself doesn’t know his limits, (Swamy Parashara Bhattar) referring a JivAthma as knowing? Inference: Krishna can be known that he cannot be known. (Ghataka Shruthi)

The fact is, Krishna can be and has to understood as the Supreme person. Recollect what He says to Bhoomi Devi (Varaaga carama sloka), and what He says in Bhagavad Gita (so many places including 5.29 and “avajaananthi maam mooda” verse).

What is unfathomable is the limits of His glory in all dimensions. Therefore, Knowing Krishna is not debatable. It is factual; otherwise He himself and acharyas would not have said that.

More than thousand times in Dharma Sandeha, questioner’s intent itself was questioned. Apporul Mei Porul KAnbadhu Arivu Kelviya pakanumey thavira, kelvi kekkaravara paaka kudaathu enbadhu adiyen udaya thaazhndha abhiprAyam

Agreed. When people respond to our statements, we can see it as their response to the statements and not something targeted to us, unless explicitly done so. When it is interpreted to be aimed as us and not the statement, that leads to interpersonal misunderstanding. 

For instances, in the context of the above referenced discussion, the answer had analysed two possibilities; but if one chooses to pick only one aspect of it and interprets it to point to oneself, that will lead to misunderstanding. 

Therefore, it is not good to unduly doubt the questioner’s intent or the responder’s intent. If such a doubt arises, it is best to seek a direct clarification and sort it out at the earliest, without leaving any room for kali to play havoc in the relationship.

adiyen dasan.

on February 11, 2023

“I am not understanding this statement; kindly explain and substantiate” –
This is not Brahma sutram that requires Bhashyam. If I don’t know something today it’s a fact.

If I had known earlier and I believe I don’t know today still it’s a fact because I don’t remember that I knew.

Dasanudasan

on February 11, 2023

VishistAdvaitam is also known as “Momentary Truth” my old school learnings.
Dasanudasan

on February 11, 2023

“From what I believe, our philosophy says Truth is eternally Truth,At this time point in this ephemeral world I may think I am the boss of the world. But eternally I am the servant of God’s servants. So, the Truth is the latter, not the former” –

Devareer struck the right chord. This is advaitam philosophy. Eternal Truth = Absolute Truth. Current Truth = Relative Truth argues Shuddha Advaitin.

Udayavar challenges this, Truth is always Truth. This AthmA thinks he is the Boss. At that point in time it is a Truth. A rope is considered as snake 🐍 from distance. Udayavar says it is TRUE because the element of snake & rope is identical. What Udayavar means is, everything cannot be declassified as Brahmai.

Velukkudi asks “Brahmathukkey BhramaiyA?” Not possible.

If the whole agyAnam itself is a lie then the BhAgavath Gita preached during the phase of agyAnam will also be lie. A truth cannot emerge from a lie. This is challenged by Swamy Desikan in Thathparya Chandrika “To whom did Krishna give upadesham if apart of Krishna everything else is a lie?”

Dasanudasan

on February 11, 2023

“What is unfathomable is the limits of His glory in all dimensions. Therefore, Knowing Krishna is not debatable. It is factual; otherwise He himself and acharyas would not have said that.” –
Debatable in the context of “how is to be known”. Not the fact of knowing itself.

Then why does Krishnan say “VAsudEva Sarvam ithi sa mahAthmA su Dhurlabha:”? –
Hey Arjuna, I can’t find a gyAni who knows me as everything. He is hard to be found.

I know Krishnan is supreme do you consider me a gyAni and you also know so are you a gyAni?

Is this “knowing” enough?

Please explain

Dasanudasan

on February 11, 2023

” Therefore, it is not good to unduly doubt the questioner’s intent or the responder’s intent. If such a doubt arises, it is best to seek a direct clarification and sort it out at the earliest, without leaving any room for kali to play havoc in the relationship.” –

Dhanyosmi
Dasanudasan

If I don’t know something today it’s a fact.
If I had known earlier and I believe I don’t know today still it’s a fact because I don’t remember that I knew.From vikraminside

If a family man gets amnesia or coma, is he considered married and father of his children, or is he considered to be single?

VishistAdvaitam is also known as “Momentary Truth”From vikraminside

I have not heard this.

Eternal Truth = Absolute Truth. Current Truth = Relative Truth argues Shuddha Advaitin.From vikraminside

From what I understand Adwaita philosophy says <Eternal Truth is AbsoluteTruth; Currrent Truth is not Truth, it is False; so ignore the current truth>. Whereas Vishista adwaitam says <Current Truth is relative Truth, so focus on the Absolute Truth; use the relative Truth to access the Absolute Truth> 

on February 11, 2023

“If a family man gets amnesia or coma, is he considered married and father of his children, or is he considered to be single?” –

Swamy, here what he considers himself is the perception. AthmA gyAnam is self realization. Not how others view it.

Again am re-iterating, how others think is always subjective & how one thinks of himself is objective.

An amnesia person is doubtful, to him he is unmarried as he doesn’t remember his marriage.

Dasanudasan

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 10, 2023

MIRACLE

Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swamy explains very clearly about AaNavam in this upanyasam. My long time doubt as to why Janakar did not bother about his Kingdom being burnt is answered here. Perumal himself tested Janakar on his AaNavam wow sooooooooper. Janakar’s Guru establishes his Shishya ‘s PrabhAvam..What a beautiful ❤️ loving system.

Dasanudasan

• Liked by
Cancel