EnPaNi 2645 – China having movable pre-built expandable house

Updated on November 13, 2022 in General
14 on November 5, 2022

Srimathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha
Srimathe Sri Varaha Mahadesikaya Namaha
Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swamy Thiruvadigaley Sharanam

Sri:

In today’s fast food world, even houses are readymade Swamy. Eg: China houses. Assembled in minutes.

The perspective of living has changed. Now people want to travel and enjoy life.

Almost like American lifestyle. Everyone wants to enjoy. Open YouTube channels.

Earns more money. Living jolly life. Only very few of us are being spiritual.

It doesn’t mean modern are not spiritual. They don’t emphasize that much on devotion like we did.

So to cut it short,
Aathal, Kaathal & Azhithal are instant in today’s world.

Younger generation is brilliant. Multi talented. Multi faceted. Only we are old panchangam.

By the time we focus on a problem they would have come up with an instant solution.

If we learn Veda by YouTube / online only that much will be retained by memory.

If MBBS is to be studied in hostel why Veda studied in YouTube/online?

We can’t expect a 16 years pathashala output from YouTube generation. Yet some younger are inclined on Perumal sometimes even better than us if they start focussing on devotion.

The only point is,”how to make youngsters focus on devotion”?

Devotion leads to good character leading to better human being.

For eg: I saw an ICU patient die of bone cancer. Their sons (one from military) were crying inconsolably.

I did not think of theetu but wanted to console, pacify them help them in whatever way possible like insurance , certificates etc.

This is what I mean by better human being. During that time if we think of 4hrs no theetu later on it starts it will not be good on humanitarian grounds.

Instant Karma, instant results.

Dasanudasan

• Liked by
6 on November 5, 2022
During that time if we think of 4hrs no theetu later on it starts it will not be good on humanitarian grounds.From vikraminside

Well said.

Timely help for the needy should be the priority. Should rather get punya for helping.

Should rather get punya for helping.From SriVaishnava dasan

Getting punya is also dangerous. Because we will have to come back again to burn away the punyam. Therefore, instead of doing for ‘punyam’, we must do because it is pleasing to Perumal. 

If we all cooperate and help each other in time of need, our Father will be very happy. So, for His happiness we must help each other. If theetu occurs because of doing so, then later on we must follow the simple procedures to wash away the theetu so that our other daily kainkaryams to Perumal can go on.

If someone who has some immediate kainkaryam to attend to and for that sake he has to avoid getting into theetu situation, he can delegate someone else to do the ‘helping’ part and move on with his immediate kainkaryam.

The question we must try and practise all the time is “what is pleasing to Perumal?”

adiyen dasan.

on November 6, 2022

True.

I know about ‘punya’ vs ‘pleasing perumal’.

While my comment is on theettu, my statement is a generic one.

Whenever someone does a good deed on such a situation, they do not think that it is going to be a punya. They just do it because they want to help. In this case, let the good deed help in bringing his mother out of the hospital in good health condition. That is why I mentioned.

Whenever we do any action, we were told to practice in my earlier system, to think that action is being done by the guru and not by the self. Nowadays, I think it is being done by Perumal. With such an approach, I believe, one need not bother whether such an action is going to please Perumal.

Moreover, would one check whether an action is going to please Perumal or not for every action esp., when some assistance is necessary to be given to fellow human. It will be instantaneous to offer help rather than pondering over on pleasing Perumal. He is everything. Otherwise, why not we think, we being a saranagathan, He will stir actions in us only to please Him.

aidyen

on November 8, 2022

Was browsing for some information and landed on the following site

https://www.sampradayamanjari.org/

நாம் செய்யும் எந்த கைங்கர்யமெல்லாம் எம்பெருமானுக்கு ப்ரீதியை உண்டாக்கும்?

Vidwan`s reply:

எந்த கைங்கர்யமானாலும், அதைக் கைங்கர்யமாக பண்ணோமேயானால்  பெருமாளுக்குக் கட்டாயம் அது ப்ரீதியைக் கொடுக்கும்.

குறிப்புகள்

நித்ய கர்மானுஷ்டானத்திலிருந்து ஆரம்பித்து, தானமோ, தர்ம கார்யமோ என அனைத்து காரியங்களையுமே, ஸ்ரீமந்நாராயண ப்ரீத்யர்த்தம் என்று சொல்லிச் செய்தோமேயானால் கட்டாயமாக எம்பெருமானுக்கு ப்ரீதியைக் கொடுக்கும்.

தர்மகார்யம் என்றாலே எம்பெருமானுக்கு ப்ரீதியைக் கொடுக்கும், அதுவும் அந்த எண்ணத்தில் செய்ய மேலும் மேலும் அவனுக்கு ப்ரீதி அதிகமாகும்.

எந்த கைங்கர்யமானாலும், அதைக் கைங்கர்யமாக பண்ணோமேயானால்  பெருமாளுக்குக் கட்டாயம் அது ப்ரீதியைக் கொடுக்கும்From SriVaishnava dasan

மிகவும் சரி ஸ்வாமி. எது எது கைங்கர்யமோ அதை செய்ய வேண்டும். அதை செய்யும் பொழுது ‘கைங்கர்யமாக செய்கிறேன்’ என்ற எண்ணத்தோடு செய்ய வேண்டும்.

ஒரு தாய் தன் சேய்யை கவனித்துக்கொள்ளும் போது, “இது என் குழந்தை; என் குழந்தையை கவனித்துக்கொள்வதில் எனக்கு பேரானந்தம்” என்ற எண்ணத்தில் செயல் படுவது சரியல்ல; அது இருவரையும் கர்மத்தில் கட்டிப்போடும்.  “இந்த குழந்தையை கவனிப்பது எனக்கு  இறைவன் இயற்க்கையாக கொடுத்த கைங்கர்யம். இந்த குழந்தையை நல்ல முறையில் வளர்த்து இந்த பிறவியே கடைசி பிறவியாக அமையும் படி வாழ வழி நடுத்துவதே என் இறைவனுக்கு ப்ரீதி” என்ற புரிதலின் அடிப்படையில் பிள்ளையை பேன வேண்டும். 

As of now I am completely driven by what pleases my senses or what pleases my mind. Even when I do offer some charity to someone who is in need, when I introspect my heart, I can clearly see that the driving motivation is one of the following:

1. sense of pity on the person, coupled with sense of guilt that I am having all facilities when this person is suffering. So, in order to avoid the sense of guilt I give some money to that person.
  2. sometimes, I do because giving money to the needy will ensure that I will not face a needy situation in future (in this life or later)
  3. sometimes I do because it gives me recognition from others.
  4. Even if I am doing without the knowledge of others, my mind is thinking “I am so great that I give charity without others knowing it”.
  5. In some situations I am giving out of compulsion; because others around me are giving I feel I must also give.
  6. Sometimes I am helping because I want to feel better than others. “see, the others are so insensitive; I am such a nice, sensitive person; therefore I am helping”. Like this I want to feel superior to others.
  7. Sometimes I help someone because I am expecting some favour from that person later on. 

These are some of the motivations I have identified in different situations. Many times these motivations are so subtle that we will not realise unless we introspect. Often times the motivation is a combination of two or more of the above!  I understand that the quality of my motivation depends on whether I am in satva gunam, rajo gunam or tamo gunam at that time.

Ideally I must situate myself in satva gunam – “I do this because this is my duty”. 

As someone who is trying to cultivate vaishnava qualities I must go beyond the ‘sense of duty’ and raise above to the level of ‘doing for the pleasure of my master (i.e. acharya and Perumal)’.

i.e. “to help someone in need to the extent possible is prescribed in dharma sastras; following dharma sastram pleases my master and I am doing this for pleasing my master”.

In all situations I must be aware of the internal motivation I have, and practise a higher level of thinking. The ‘sankalpam’ we make at the beginning of religious activities, the practise of saying “sarvam Sri Krishna-arpanam astu”, saying “kaayena vaachaa..” prayer, all these practices help us elevate our motivation to a higher platform. As I practise this, eventually when I become a complete vaishnava, my natural and spontaneous motivation in all activities will be based on the consideration of what is pleasing to my master.

adiyen dasan.

on November 9, 2022

Differ with the approach mentioned, but everyone is different.

I would not like to think too much, do what my heart says thinking as He is doing and forget it. I would not like to get attached to what is to be done and carry any impression due to this act.

adiyen.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on November 9, 2022

தற்பொழுது நான் செய்து கொண்டு இருக்கும் கைங்கர்யத்தினால், ஒரு சந்தேகம் வந்தது. கைங்கர்யம் என்கின்ற நினைவு இல்லாமல் செய்யும் கைங்கர்யத்தினை எவ்வாறு எடுத்துக் கொள்வது.

வழியும் எண்ணை போல சிதராத சிந்தனையுடன் கைங்கர்யத்தில் ஈடுபடும் நிலை நாம் இன்னும் எட்டவில்லை. வைகுந்ததில் இருப்பவருக்கு அப்படிபட்ட சிதராத சிந்தனை இருப்பதாக அறிகிறேன்.

நம் நிலையில் நாம் செய்யகூடியது, ஒவ்வொரு செயலின் முதலிலும் முடிவிலும் “எல்லாம் கண்ணனுக்கு சமர்பணம்” என்று சொல்லி பழகலாம். சொல் நினைவாகி, நினைவு சிந்தனையாகி, சிந்தனை இயல்பாகும் நாள் வெகு தூரமில்லை.

அடியேன் தாசன்.

on November 10, 2022

Few months back, a thought had come to post the meaning of Gita in social media, as I indicated in other thread. It was more of some unexplained உந்துதல் from inside.  I prepared for all the slokas and completed. No thought of கைங்கர்யம் arose. I felt it to be கைங்கர்யம் much later. That is why I have posted the above. Just for information. 

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 11, 2022

I could not resist comment on

Getting punya is also dangerous. Because we will have to come back again to burn away the punyam. From கம்பன்தாசன்

From https://www.sampradayamanjari.org/

ப்ரபந்நனின் மீதமுள்ள புண்ணிய பாபத்தினை, விரஜை கடக்கும் முன் பெருமாள் வேறு சிலருக்குப் பிரித்துக் கொடுக்கிறார் என்கிறார்கள். அப்படியிருக்க அவரை அறியாமல் சேர்கின்ற அந்த பாபத்தினை எப்படிக் கழிப்பார்? அதே போல் நம் புண்ணியம், வேறு ஒரு சேதனனுக்குச் சேர்கிறது என்றால், அது அவர் பெருமாளிடம் சேரும் நாளைத் தாமதிக்குமா?

Vidwan`s reply

புண்ணியமோ பாபமோ யாரிடம் சேர்கிறதோ இரண்டையுமே அவரவர் அனுபவித்துதான் கழிக்க வேண்டும்.

குறிப்புகள்:

ஒரு ப்ரபந்நன் செய்த புண்ணிய பாப காரியங்கள் பின்னால் வேறு ஒருவருக்கு போய்ச் சேரும், அவரிடம் அபசாரப்பட்டவரிடம் அந்தப் பாபங்கள் போய்ச் சேரும், அவரிடம் அனுகூலமானவரிடம் அந்தப் புண்ணியங்கள் வந்து சேரும்.

இவை இரண்டையுமே அவரவர் அனுபவித்துதான் கழிக்க வேண்டும். ஒரு கால் யாருக்குச் சேர்கிறதோ அவரும் ப்ரபந்நராக இருந்தால் நிர்திஷ்டமான காலம் அதாவது காலம் “एतत् देहावसाने” காலத்திற்குள்ளேய அந்தப் பலனை அனுபவித்து விடுவார் இதனால் மோக்ஷத்திற்கு விளம்பம் வராது

• Liked by
Cancel

Yes Swamy. If we accumulate punyam, we have to experience that karma (either is this life or in the next life). So, it is best to not accumulate punyam or paapam. The way to do so is to always engage in kainkaryam with the attitude of engaging in kainkaryam.

adiyen dasan.

on November 13, 2022

swamy.

adiyen’s understanding is that ::

accumulated papa and punya of a prapannan are to be experienced, but in case if a prapannan has unexperienced papa and punya when he leaves the body :-

1. before crossing the viraja, accumulated papa and punya of a prapannan will be distributed to others (as indicated in the above post. I also heard about this in swamy’s upanyasam and read about this). Hence, even if a prapannan has, unexperienced papa and punya, there is no hindrance for him to reach vaikuntam.

2. considering the case, a prapannan receive papa and punya of another prapannan who crossed viraja river :: here also unexperienced papa and punya of the receiver will be distributed to others when this prapannan crosses viraja river.

Hence, in both cases if a prapannan has, unexperienced papa and punya, there is no hindrance for him to reach vaikuntam, as they are distributed to others. Hence, there is no necessity that a prapannan should have zero papa and punya while leaving the body.

I do not know whether, adiyen have அதீத நம்பிக்கை to cross viraja river and reach SriVaikuntam at the mercy of my acharya and Lord Narayanan, after this janma. adiyen pray for this.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 13, 2022

Swamy Namaskaaram.
About aspects of Moksha in this birth itself, adiyen request some clarifications – Bhagawan distributes some left out karmas of Sharanagathan to others – has that happened in case of Dhadipaandan? this that specific birth as a non-living thing could have been written off, isn’t? So looks like rule of clearing one’s own karma played here. I have heard that, in prior birth, Dhadipaandan soul was a great soul near eligible for Moksha.
Adiyen
Ramanujadasan

• Liked by
Cancel