Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
Namaskaram Ram Swami,
Regarding devareer question,
“……Can I follow such texts?……….. So please suggest some common rule by which we can know whether a text is fine with our society.”
There are primarily FOUR MAJOR types of Societies:
1) Vishista Vesham Society,
2) Nishkrishta Vesham Society,
3) Sandhi Vesham Society (juncture of 1) & 2)).
4) Kashmala Vesham Society.
* We Prapannaas belong to type 2) society and we have many texts related to that, as written by Poorvacharyas and Swami’s kalakshepams.
* Chanakya Niti belongs to type 1) society. There are also numerous endless texts addressed to these people who belongs to type 1) society. Like Vidhura Neeti, Manu Dharmam, Vaanaviyal shastram, etc……
* BhagavAt Gita belongs to type 3) society. Other similar texts…….
* Any texts that doesn’t fall in the 1st three categories fall in type 4) society people. Texts like Art of Mixology, Drunken Botanist, any other maganizes etc…….we can name it. There are countless texts which helps one to take rebirth over and over again.
Depending upon one’s own interest, they can decide which society one need to belong and follow those texts accordingly. First three category texts are advisable, but the one in type 2) society normally focus less on type 1) and type 3) society texts.
Kurai Irundhaal adiyenai kShamikka Prarthikkiraen,
Nirai Irundhaal adiyenudaya Acharya ThiruvAdi Bhalatthaal, Velukkudi Swami Aasirvadhatthaal.
Adiyen Srinivasa (DhoddayAcharyar) Dasan